Monday night the Windsor Town Board joined the Windsor Severance Fire Protection Board of Directors with the passage of a resolution supporting Ballot Initiative 7A which would fund, equip, and staff two more fire stations in WSFR's fire district in the near future. If you have questions regarding the mill levy question which will appear on the fall ballot, Fire Chief Kris Kazian will be at Dunkin Donuts, 1530 Main St., Windsor, from 8-9 a.m., Saturday, October 26. He can also be reached at 970-686-2626 x310 or email@example.com. The full resolution is below:
TOWN OF WINDSOR
A RESOLUTION IN SUPPORT OF WINDSOR SEVERANCE FIRE DISTRICT REFFERED BALLOT MEASURE 7A APPEARING ON THE NOVEMBER 5, 2019 GENERAL ELECTION BALLOT IN LARIMER AND WELD COUNTIES
WHEREAS, the Town of Windsor (“Town”) is a home rule municipality with all powers conferred by Colorado law; and
WHEREAS, since 1902, the sole purpose of Windsor-Severance Fire Protection District ("Fire District") has been to protect the communities it serves by providing essential, live-saving fire suppression, rescue, extrication, hazardous materials, ambulance, emergency medical, and community risk reduction services (collectively, "Emergency Services"); and
WHEREAS, on August 8, 2019, the Fire District's Board of Directors ("Board") adopted a Resolution directing a Tax Increase Ballot Issue be submitted to the Fire District’s voters during the coordinated election Weld and Larimer County will conduct on November 5, 2019 ("Election"); and
WHEREAS, a copy of the Fire District’s Resolution of referral is attached hereto and incorporated herein by this reference; and
WHEREAS, the Colorado Fair Campaign Practices Act, C.R.S. § 1-45-117(1)(b), expressly authorizes the Town Board to adopt a Resolution advocating voter approval of the Fire District's request for a tax increase during the Election; and
WHEREAS, as referred by the Fire District Board of Directors, Ballot Measure 7A has the following important components:
• Build 2 new fire stations to assist with the experiences and expected growth – proposed locations to serve southern Windsor and Severance area;
• Hire the necessary fire and emergency response personnel for the proposed fire stations;
• Purchase the necessary fire and emergency response apparatus and equipment for the new
stations and the existing stations;
• Maintaining and improving current levels of fire protection and emergency services;
• Maintain and improve emergency response times;
WHEREAS, the Town Board has determined that the health, safety, and welfare of its citizens are promoted by Town Board adoption of this Resolution.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE TOWN BOARD OF THE TOWN OF WINDSOR, COLORADO:
1. That the Board hereby enthusiastically supports the Windsor Severance Fire Rescue Ballot Issue 7A and urges the members of the District, including those who reside in Windsor, to vote “YES” on Ballot Issue 7A at the November 5, 2019 General Election held by mail ballot in the counties of Larimer and Weld.
2. Pursuant to §1-45(1)(b)(III)(A) C.R.S., the passage of this Resolution may be reported and this Resolution may be distributed, through established, customary means other than paid advertising, by which information about other proceedings of the Town Board are regularly provided to the public.
Upon a motion duly made, seconded and carried, the foregoing Resolution was adopted this 14th day of October, 2019.